Home | Ride the line | Train Amenities and Passenger Etiquette
Train Amenities and Passenger Etiquette
Northstar wants you to sit back, relax and enjoy your ride. For your convenience, passenger trains will have:
- Comfortable seating
- Approximately 140-145 seats per passenger train car
- On-board restrooms
- Work tables
- Electrical outlets
- On-board bicycle storage
- Transit schedule and connection information
To ensure a safe, convenient and enjoyable commuting experience on the Northstar Commuter Rail Line, please keep the following suggestions in mind as you prepare to ride the Northstar Commuter Rail line.
Waiting for the Train and Getting On Board
- While waiting for the train, remember to stand behind the yellow line on the platform.
- Do not stand on the tracks at any time.
- Skateboarding and rollerblading on the platforms is prohibited.
- Avoid sticking arms, legs or other items in the train doors to prevent them from closing.
- Do not bring food on the train.
- Please place newspapers or other garbage in disposal bins located at the platforms or on board the trains.
- Once on board, secure your bags, bicycle or other items, and promptly find a seat.
On the Train
Commuter rail trips are usually longer and involve fewer stops than light rail or bus transit. That means more time to get your work done or simply relax.
For the courtesy of fellow passengers:
- Keep your personal items confined to your seat.
- As long as a drink container has a top on it, such as a coffee mug or bottled water, you may bring it on the train.
- Throw away your trash as you exit the train.
- Limit the duration of mobile phone calls and maintain a low volume.
- Keep the volume low on your headphones or other electronic devices.
Riding the train
- Have your ticket or pass ready to show Metro Transit Police or conductor if asked to do so. Passengers without a valid ticket or pass are subject to a citation and fine.
- Reserve designated seating for elderly riders or people with disabilities.
- Remain seated throughout the trip. If there is standing room only, hold onto overhead bars in case of sudden stops.